> Home > How to use this site
How to use this site
This is a step-by-step guide to show you how to get an online quote and take out a policy.
- Get a quote
The first step is to indicate the total replacement value of your equipment - that's the price it would normally cost new and undiscounted, from a music store and also including VAT (if you have second-hand equipment, we will replace new for old in most circumstances). If you have a vintage or rare instrument, then the value should be what a reputable dealer will indicate in a professional valuation.
- Create your own cover
Now you can start to add in the cover options that suit your needs.
- If you take some or all of your equipment away from the insured location (eg your home or studio), you can choose what value you want this to be:
- Up to 25 per cent of your equipment value
- Up to 50 per cent of your equipment value
- All of your equipment.
- Area cover
This option allows you to specify the geographical area that you require cover for:
- In the UK only
- In the UK and EU (includes 30 days worldwide in any policy year)
- Anywhere in the world at any time.
- Equipment breakdown
Like an extended warranty, this option allows you to cover instruments and equipment against mechanical, constructional, electronic or electrical failure.
What can be covered?
Electronic items (up to seven years old from date of manufacture), all guitars and basses (including electric) and all musical instruments.
- Public liability
Public liability (also called third party liability) covers you against claims made against you should you cause injury or damage to property.
DJguard includes £2 million of public liability cover, you can choose to increase this to £5 million. You can also extend this cover to include other people who perform with you. [more info]
Your policy also includes personal accident cover, which pays out an amount of money should you suffer an injury whilst playing or using your musical equipment. [more info]
- Reduce your premium
If you want to reduce your premium, you can choose to pay a voluntary excess.
- You have now created your own cover
You now have 3 options:
- You can save your quote and have it emailed to you for future use.
- Continue through the application and take out cover online.
- Spend the next hour hunting the web for another quote!
- How to pay
Once you've completed the application process, just choose how you wish to pay:
- Online - by single payment by credit card
- Online - over 12 monthly instalments
- That's it - you're covered
Within 3 working days we will send your welcome letter and confirmation schedule to you, which will list all the equipment insured and confirm all the components of the cover you have selected. You will need to download the policy wording via a link in the confirmation email or whilst completing your application.
Don't forget - you have 28 days to change your mind!
If you want to change details of the cover, you can contact us on 0844 826 2296 or you can now amend your policy online.